The aim of the training is to increase the competitiveness of companies in the domestic and international markets. The training is intended primarily for companies that use the services of forwarding companies in domestic and international transport.
Content of the training:
- EXW EX Works,
- FCA Free Carrier,
- CPT Carriage PaidTo,
- CIP Carriage Insurance Paid To,
- DAP Delivered At Place,
- DPU Delivery at Place Unloaded,
- DDP Delivered Duty Paid.
- Agreeing on terms of trade, but without INCOTERMS® version, and then adding them to trade and transport documents,
- Why EXW should be used extremely rarely,
- Misuse of DDP,
- Common misinterpretation of delivery date with conditions from group "C",
- Other possible errors when applying the current version of INCOTERMS®2020.
- What is the difference between the Freight Forwarding contract and transport contract,
- Freight Forwarder's responsibilities,
- The most frequently committed errors in freight forwarding contracts,
- The consequences of confusing a Freight Forwarder with a Carrier,
- The problem of false carriers and subcontractors - remedial procedures.
- Carrier's liability insures the carrier and not the cargo,
- Will CARGO pay if a carrier is liable for the damage?
- What must be checked in a carrier's insurance (and usually this is not done)?
- Legal bases,
- Scope of carrier's liability,
- Prerequisites that release the carrier from liability or limit the compensation paid,
- Non-dispositive character of clauses in the CMR Convention and Transport Law (they are not subject to the will of the parties) e.g. in the CMR Convention contractual penalties for delay in delivery have no legal force,
- Who is obliged to load and unload the goods, who is obliged to fasten the goods to the vehicle, legal grounds, high penalties for consignors and shippers (PLN 8,000 for an offence),
- Should the driver assist in loading e.g. move pallets to the edge of the semi-trailer?
- Agreement is the basis and waybill is a proof of this agreement,
- most frequently made mistakes in transport contracts and consignment notes,
- Rules of correct filling in the consignment note in international transport,
- Most frequent reasons of damages in road transport,
- procedure in case of damage, loss or delay in delivery: what the carrier should do, what the receiver should do,
- practical examples,
- how a correctly filed claim should look like,
- what a correct reply of a carrier should look like.
Date of training
12.05 (Thursday) from 9.00 - 14.30.
Place of training
Hourly training program
Application for training
- Name, surname, contact email, company name, company NIP to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maximum 2 persons from a given company can participate in the training, the order of application is decisive.
- Qualified participants will receive confirmation of participation by e-mail.
- Deadline for application expires on 9.05 (Monday) at 12.00.