As of January 1, 2022, taxpayers can voluntarily use the National e-Invoice System (KSeF) in preparation for the system, which will be mandatory as of July 1, 2024 (for the small and medium-sized business sector not accounting for VAT as of January 1, 2025).
This is a revolutionary change for businesses. Every invoice will have to be issued electronically and entered into the system. There is a lot of ambiguity and questions on this issue
Małgorzata Sienkiewicz, who has been running Amplimax accounting office in Wroclaw since 1990.
It is already worth learning about the new rules for issuing e-invoices and testing the free KSeF tools. Free online meetings on e-invoicing are just starting.
E-Invoice. An introduction to KSeF for micro-entrepreneurs
Currently, the e-invoice operates as one of the permitted forms of documenting sales, alongside paper invoices and electronic invoices already in business - but this will change.
As of July 1, 2024, VAT taxpayers will issue e-invoices exclusively in KSeF, and such invoices will be the primary form of documenting business transactions.
Sebastian Polanski, chief specialist of the Communications Desk of the Tax Administration Chamber in Wroclaw.
The National Tax Administration (KAS) is starting a nationwide series of online meetings "Wednesdays with KSeF".
The Tax Administration Chamber in Wroclaw invites micro-entrepreneurs, representatives of micro-entrepreneurs and all interested parties to free online meetings on the KSeF assumptions.
The meetings will be held every Wednesday for the next four weeks viz: November 22 and 29, and December 6 and 13.
Every Wednesday from mid-November to mid-December, KAS experts will provide micro-entrepreneurs with information on the assumptions of the National e-Invoicing System (KSeF).
During the webinar you will learn about:
- new invoicing rules in Poland,
- authentication in KSeF and the granting of authorizations,
- the difference between an electronic invoice and an e-Invoice,
- issuing and receiving invoices in KSeF,
- free KSeF tools,
Where to find announcements, information, answers to questions.
The next webinar will be on November 22, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. The meeting is open, so there is no need to register in advance. To join the meeting just click on the link (link opens new window). Expected time of the meeting - 1 hour.
National e-Invoicing System (KSeF). What it is
Universal e-invoicing is a solution that benefits taxpayers. By streamlining business billing and automating the billing verification processes by KAS, the project offers tax and business benefits to entrepreneurs. The implementation of universal KSeF will accelerate the digitalization of the public sector and many Polish businesses.
Insp. Mariusz Gojny, deputy head of the National Tax Administration.
The unification of invoicing rules and digitization of settlements means a number of benefits for entrepreneurs.
e-Invoices. Tax benefits for entrepreneurs
- Taxpayers using KSeF who apply for a refund of input VAT will receive this refund in a shorter period. We are shortening the maximum basic refund period from 60 to 40 days, which will benefit liquidity, especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
- KSeF means easier and faster correction of invoices.
- Taxpayers will not have to issue duplicate invoices, because e-invoices in KSeF will not get lost, will not be destroyed, and will always be available to the issuer and recipient of the invoice.
- Fewer obligations - taxpayers issuing invoices in KSeF will not have to send the structure of the Uniform Control File for Invoices (JPK_FA) at the request of the tax authorities.