EIT InnoEnergy is one of the world's largest cleantech-focused investors, which joined forces with Bank Santander a few months ago to accelerate the energy transition. EIT InnoEnergy will work with Santander X and the Oxentia Foundation combining innovation and financial services.
The Santander X Global Challenge | Cutdown 2 Zero competition is aimed at start-ups and scale-up companies located in one of the following countries: Spain, Portugal, Poland, Germany, the UK, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Uruguay and the US that are developing technology-based products. Solutions should address at least one of the following challenges:
ON THE TRACK: How can the solution play a key role in the future of mobility with zero net carbon emissions?
ON THE MOVE: How can the solution make transportation more environmentally friendly? Can the solution meet the challenges of different uses of trucks, ships and aircraft?
BALANCE TO ZERO: How can the solution create credible shifts and breakthrough CO2 sequestration, capture and utilization programs?
Six winning solutions (three start-ups and three scale-ups) will be selected to receive:
- Financial support of 120 thousand euros.
- Promotion through Santander Group portals and social media channels.
- Membership in Santander X 100 - the Santander X community, whose members receive valuable experience and/or useful contacts to advance their companies.
- Access to the EIT InnoEnergy Innovation Engine to design and support the company's growth acceleration plan.
- Invitation for one team member to participate in the Formula 1 Gran Premio de la Ciudad de México 2022, where the award ceremony will be held.