Wroclaw Technology Park presents "Wroclaw Microenterprise" report and Innovation Sector
Two premieres - the report "Wroclaw Microentrepreneurship" and Innovation Sector, as well as panel discussions about business and science - all this could be found at the conference "Wroclaw is enterprising".
During the meeting various forms of entrepreneurship in Wroclaw were discussed and the question of what and who drives the development of entrepreneurship in Wroclaw was considered. The conference was attended by representatives of Wroclaw entrepreneurs, the municipality of Wroclaw and business environment institutions and universities.
The report "Wroclaw Microenterprises"
- A new Wroclaw Craftsman (Wrocławski Rzemieślnik) portal was also prepared, in which we can find contact details of local shoemakers, tailors, watchmakers, confectioners, or mechanics.
- The ambassadors of "No micro, no macro" were: Lower Silesian Chamber of Crafts, Lower Silesian Chamber of Commerce, Wroclaw University of Economics and Economic Development Office of Wroclaw City Hall. This is what Jacek Sutryk, mayor of Wroclaw, says about the project:
The report describes, among others: the condition of Wroclaw micro companies, their innovativeness and competitiveness, digitalization, barriers to development, financial situation, their investments and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Wroclaw micro companies.
Micro-businesses important for Wroclaw's development - tax income
- trade and vehicle repair - 16%,
- professional, scientific and technical operations - 16%,
- construction - 10%,
- information and communication - 10%,
- real estate services - 9%.
- trade and repair of vehicles (22%),
- professional, scientific and technical operations (17%)
- construction (11%).
Key results of the report "Wroclaw microenterprise"
The project "There is no macro without micro"
Maciej Potocki, president of Wroclaw Technology Park, emphasizes that by launching the campaign "There is no macro without micro", the intention was to show Wroclaw citizens that micro enterprises are all around us, that we come into contact with them every day. Although they are the smallest, the scale of their operations makes them drive the city's development.
Innovation Sector - a new Wroclaw Technology Park project
- The Innovation Sector portal will feature an Innovation Exchange - a database allowing free-of-charge addition and search for innovative services, products and technologies created by innovators, companies and institutions from various industries. It is a place for everyone who develops innovations, regardless of whether they do it on their own, at a university or within an international organization.
- Innovation Sector is a project developed in Wroclaw, so there could not miss the stories about the successes of Wroclaw entrepreneurs and scientists who develop innovations, known not only in the country but also around the world. In the form of case studies you will be able to read them in the Wroclaw Innovations section.
- The portal will have an Innovation Verifier, a free of charge tool, where experts from the WPT will give advice to interested innovators, entrepreneurs or scientists on how to develop their ideas, e.g. what steps to take to turn an idea for an innovation into a business plan. This will be done on a confidential basis.
- - Also the Innovator's Knowledge Base will be constantly expanded, where it will be possible to find expert information concerning issues important for entrepreneurs, but also a collection of information about business environment institutions with which they can cooperate.