We can identify four areas of office concentration in Wroclaw: City Centre, Subcentral Area, Western Business District, and Southern Business Axis. At the moment Southern Business Axis is the most developing area where Western Business District concentrates the highest office stock if we compare it to other parts of the city. This is also the area gathering the largest number of companies from the business services sector.
Major business locations in Wroclaw
|City Centre||Subcentral zone||Western Business District||Southern Business Axis|
|Total stock (sqm)||221,000||313,000||430,000||108,000|
|Space under construction (sqm)||30,000||39,000||30,000||70,000|
How to find an office space in Wroclaw - guidelines
- Specify your space requirements and factors that determine your choice:
- assumed number of employees,
- required capacity of the office in sqm,
- preferred location in the city,
- required parking area,
- location and standard of the office building,
- specify technical guidelines/requirements for office arrangement,
- Select long list of office buildings and organize viewings,
- Ask selected office buildings for an offer and space plan,
- Agree on the space plan and ask the lessor for valuation,
- Negotiate commercial terms and lease agreement and sign the lease agreement in chosen building.
Definitions – how it works?
- tenant/ lessee – (it is) your company,
- landlord/ lessor – (it is) the owner of the building,
- headline rent - usually reflected in EUR, alternatively in PLN; determination of the rent in EUR is related to the valuation of an office building,
- net/gross area: the net area is the real area directly used only by your company for office and storage purposes, the gross area is the net area plus add on – this is the factor determining the share in the area jointly used by your company and your neighbours,
- service charge – fees related to maintaining the building in a proper state (eg. cleaning common parts of the building, reception, building security, taxes etc.),
- media / utilities – in addition (to the service charge) charged fees for directly consumed utilities by your company (water and sewage, electricity, heating),
- rent-free – incentive offered by the landlord in the form of exemptions from payment of rent for a specified period of time,
- effective rent – the headline rent (the amount of the rent from the contract) adjusted by the value of rent-free is determined by the effective rent,
- securing the lease agreement (lease collateral) – usually in the form of deposit or bank guarantee in the amount of 3-month rent (for offices, parking places) and service chargé + VAT.